Features at a Glance
DC Ripple < 1%
- Adjustable Timer for Boost Charging
- Adjustable Boost and Float Charge Voltages
- Automatic Boost Charge Selection according to boost / float current set value
- Adjustable Rectifier Output Current and Battery Charge Current
- LCD Display for DC Load / Battery Voltage , DC Load / Battery Current , Input AC Voltage / Line Current / Frequency
- Event History for all Electrical values and failures
- Automatic and Manuel Battery Test
- Boost inhibit facility for interlock redundant application
- Output Filter Inductor and DC Longlife Capacitor
- Electronic Over / Under Voltage, Over Current and Short Circuit Protections
- Isolated Output by Input Transformer and output halleffect current module
- Parallel Redundant Operation
- Boost and Float dropper control output for Ni-Cd and Lead Acid Battery
- Input Filter and input surge Voltage protection
- Internal Over Temperature protection
- Temperature Compensation for Battery
- Low Battery Indication and Alarm contacts
- Rectifier Failure Indication and Alarm contacts
- Rectifier Over Voltage Indication and Alarm contacts
- Over Temperature Indication and Alarm contacts
- Line Failure Indication and Alarm contacts
- Input MCB Indication and Alarm contacts
- Load MCB Indication and Alarm contacts
- Battery MCB Indication and Alarm contacts
- Earth Fault Indication and Alarm contacts
- Reverse Battery Connection Protection
- Reset Button
- RS- 232 communication
Input and output are protected with MCBs and all settings like boost charge, floating charge and battery charge current can be adjusted via front panel touch pad digitally. DC output is filtered by L/C, so DC ripple at full load always lower than 1% to increase battery life. All rectifiers have standards low-battery and rectifier failure alarm.
The Charger has a modular design to provide service and maintenance simplicity. The outputs of the Battery Chargers can be connected in parallel or in series based on the requirement (N+1).
Fully Controlled Thrystor Rectifier Module
GESS DC Chargers are fully isolated since an isolation transformer is placed in between the input and output and because the DC current is controlled by a DC current module. Therefore, the load is always safe even at high input voltage and congested mains conditions. In addition, the failure risk is minimized as semi-conductors are used for the rectifier. Standard L-C filters at the output maintain safe charging of the battery groups.
RS 485 / Modbus communication
Silicon Dropper Module For Load Output (Load voltage output ± 5 %)
Rectifier and Battery Group with the same cabinent
LVD Deep Discharge Battery Protection contactor
On both LCD panel and communication interface, all key parameters can be set and real time base events and failures can be tracked. In parallel operation multiple rectifiers can be controlled by the help
of same communication interface. The communication is executed via RS232 / RS485 port or Modbus protocols.
Wide Range of Use
DC chargers are ideal for transformer energy distribution centers, gas oil energy distribution centers, natural gas energy distribution centers, mining industry security and lighting, building automation systems and for special telecommunication applications.
The input and output of the charger are protected against improper use and line disturbances electronically. Input and output can be switched by circuit breakers individually. It has self-protection against over temperature. The alarm contacts can be used for external system in the case of any anomaly. The output is fully isolated from the AC line input. The Charger has a modular design to provide service and maintenance simplicity.